Cape Elizabeth Superintendent Search
|Cape Elizabeth Mission||Strategic Plan Goals 2020-2025|
The Cape Elizabeth School Board is in search of a Superintendent to lead our dynamic, high-performing schools. The successful candidate will be drawn to our mission, vision, and goals. Our next Superintendent will be expected to creatively and passionately facilitate our 2020-2025 Strategic Plan, educate, and communicate about a major building project on the horizon, and oversee that building project.
We invite candidates to become familiar with the community, including all current goals, strengths, and challenges of the school department and Town.
The Cape Elizabeth School Board is committed to a thorough, rigorous, transparent search process informed by stakeholder input and participation.
Phase 1: Phase 2: Preparation and Planning (January - February 2021) included but not limited to:
- Review job description and relevant policies
- Seek Stakeholder/Community input
- Establish Board priorities
- Create job posting and graphic advertisement
- Create job application
- Create leadership profile to inform interview questions and discussion
- Consider advertising and marketing options
- Establish Interview Committee
- Prepare for interviews with legal and DEI trainings
- Create interview questions and plan interview formats
Interview and Selection (March - May 2021):
- Applications due mid-March
- Screen applications for completeness, match of priorities; internet search
- Select and schedule first round interviews
- Confer, select, and schedule second round (semi-finalist) interviews
Confer and select finalist(s); schedule site visit(s)
- Confer and select finalist;
schedule finalist visit to CESDMeet & Greet planned for later in the Spring
- Meeting between Board and finalist
- Board makes hiring decision; contract negotiations commence
- Public School Board vote to hire Superintendent, expected July start
Phase 3: Transition and Onboarding (May - July 2021)
Click here to apply for the Superintendent of Schools.